The leading southern California
property management expert since 1964!

(714) 542-6800

facebook linkedin instagram

Change Utilities


Who is Responsible?

Your tenant will be required to set up the appropriate utility accounts in their own name before they occupy your property.

However, in order for us to show your property to prospective tenants and for vendors to make needed repairs, it is important for your property to have electricity and water while it is vacant.  This means you will need to turn on the utilities in your name until a tenant moves into your property and once again immediately after they move out.

Unfortunately, we are unable to handle this for you because most utility companies require you as the property owner to personally contact them to turn on and/or off the utilities.


Who do I Contact?

The best thing to do is to Google utilities and the city in which your property is located.  Most cities provide local services such as garbage pickup, sewer, water services, and recycling as well.  Electricity or hydro and gas options are usually supplied at the state level so it is best to check with your state’s website for more information.

Click the button below to find the contact information for some of the major local utility companies.

Contact Info

Should you have any questions regarding the process, please feel free to contact us at (714) 542-6800 for assistance.